FLOURTOWN COUNTRY CLUB SWIM TEAM – THE SHARKS!
2023 Coaching Staff: Head Coach: Lizanne Hendershott
Assistant Coaches: Denise Quigg, Julie Haas, Lauren O’Malley
Very Important! Swimmers may only participate on the FCC Swim Team if they are members of the Flourtown Country Club Swimming Pool or lifeguards/staff of the club. Swimmers may not be members of or participate in the meets of another summer swim league team. Swimmers may continue to participate in USA meets with their winter USA club team during the summer.
Team Swim Suit
Team suit sale and sizing will be at FCC on Thursday, June 8th (returning swimmers) and Thursday, June 15th from 5:30-7pm. A team suit is not required to participate in meets, but we do ask that swimmers have a competition style suit.
If your swimmer is aged 10 & under, and new to the FCC swim team, please do not purchase a team suit until they have passed the new swimmer evaluation.
Practice Schedule Beginning Monday, June 19, 2023
This schedule may be modified based on team numbers and abilities after the first week of practice
SWIMMER’S AGE GROUP AND PRACTICE GROUP IS BASED ON HOW OLD HE/SHE IS AS OF 6/1/23
Ages 13 & Over
Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 7:15 AM for stretching, 7:30 – 9:30 swimming
Ages 9 – 12 year olds
9 and 10 year olds: Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 9:15 AM for stretching, 9:30 – 10:30 swimming
11 and 12 year olds Group 1: Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 9:15 AM for stretching, 9:30 – 11:00 swimming
11 and 12 year olds Group 2:
- 11 and 12 year old swimmers will be invited to participate in this group by the coaches. Otherwise, swimmers aged 11-12 will be in Group 1 above
- Swimmers aged 12 in Group 2 last year will again report to the 7:15 practice this year.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Arrive by 7:15 AM for stretching, 7:30 – 9:30 swimming
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Arrive by 7:45 AM for stretching, 8:00 – 9:30 swimming
Ages: 8 & Unders
Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 10:15 for stretching, 10:30 – 11:30 swimming (please note that less experienced swimmers may end before 11:30)
Campers’ Practice BEGINNING THURSDAY 6/22/23 (for those swimmers attending camps that will not allow them to attend their age group’s practice): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:00 AM
Qualifications to be on the FCC Swim Swim Team
- Must have a FCC pool membership (lifeguards and staff are exempt)
- Must be 5 years of age by 6/1/23
- Swimmers may only be a member of ONE summer league team in order to participate on FCC’s swim team. This does not include winter club/USA Team membership.
- Must be able to swim one lap of the pool (33 yards) freestyle without stopping, putting feet down, or holding onto the wall or lane lines. Swimmers will be asked to do this at the new swimmer evaluation
- New Swimmer Evaluation on Monday 6/12 @ 6:00 pm (arrive at 5:45 for a new parents’ meeting): This evaluation is for all new swimmers new to the FCC team aged 10 years old & under. Rain date OR if swimmers cannot come on 6/12, please come: Tuesday 6/13, 2:30 pm.
- New swimmers aged 10 & under should not register for the team or purchase the team suit prior to the new swimmer evaluation unless approved by the head coach.
Our coaches will evaluate each swimmer’s individual abilities. Some swimmers may be asked to attend practices with other age groups based upon their present skills and developmental needs. Swimmers should report to their age group’s practice the first week. Coaches will decide if swimmers should practice in a different practice than their age group.
Swim team registration is online this season. Please use the following link to sign up:
Once registered parents will receive team information via the FCC Swim Team TeamSnap account. The FCC Swim Team will require parents/guardians to sign an “Assumption of Risks and Waiver of Liability” during the registration process.
Pool Safety Reminder
All children are asked to exit as soon as possible after their practice is over. Please do not leave your younger swimmers unattended inside the pool gate after their practice. The coaches need to devote their time to supervising the practice of the other children.
Parents and siblings remaining on the pool grounds during practice may be in the baby pool area if it is open. Otherwise, they must stay in the area in front of the pavilion. The three and five foot pools, and the grounds (including basketball courts) are not available for parents and siblings during swim practice.
Meet Sign-Up Procedure
Meet line-ups are determined by the coaches two days before each meet. We do not assume that every swimmer will participate in all of the meets. Please sign up if your swimmer can or cannot attend a meet through the “Availability” tab on TeamSnap. If your swimmer will not participate, please make sure to indicate “not attending” on the TeamSnap meet sign-up.
2023 FCC Swim Team Schedule
*Note – all meets are away at the club listed below
Thursday 6/8/23 Team suit sizing and purchase 5:30 – 7 pm (new swimmers aged 10 & under should not purchase the team suit prior to the new swimmer evaluation)
Thursday 6/15/23: New Swimmer Evaluation for all 8&U’s and 10&’s who have not previously participated on FCC’s team. Time: 5:30-7:00 pm (arrive at 5:15 for a new parent meeting) – Swimmers will be required to swim one lap of the pool (33 yards) freestyle without stopping, putting feet down, or holding onto the wall.
Monday 6/12/23 – Friday 6/16/23 1:00- 3:00: Practice for swimmers aged 13 and older plus 12 years olds Group 2 in the 2022 season
Thursday 6/15/23 Team suit sizing and purchase 5:30 – 7 pm (new swimmers aged 10 & under should not purchase the team suit prior to the new swimmer evaluation)
Monday, 6/19/23 First day of morning practice for all swimmers
Thursday, 6/22/23 First campers’ practice (7:00 am)
Friday, 6/23/23 Time trials for all swimmers aged 12 & under. All swimmers aged 12& under should arrive at 8:00 am (at FCC).
Swimmers aged 13 and over will practice from 7:00 to 8:30 am
Registration deadline for the FCC swim team: Sunday, June 25th
Monday, 6/26/23 Springfield Cup (Note: this meet consists mainly of relay events and will be for proficient swimmers as determined in time trials)
Tuesday, 6/27/23 Time trials for campers will be held during the 7:00 – 8:00 campers’ practice
Wednesday, 6/28/23 Conklin meet (arrive at 5:45 pm)
Saturday 7/1/23 Hatboro meet (arrive at 7:45 am)
Wednesday 7/5/23 Rain date (if needed)
Saturday, 7/8/23 Penbryn meet (arrive at 7:45 am)
Wednesday, 7/12/23 Glenside meet (arrive at 5:45 pm)
Saturday, 7/15/23 Flourtown Swim Club meet (arrive at 7:45 am)
Monday 7/17/23 Rain date (if needed)
Wednesday, 7/19/23 Crestmont meet (arrive @ 5:45 pm)
Saturday, 7/22/23 FCC Bye week
Tuesday, 7/25/23 Swim Team Banquet (at FCC)
Wednesday, 7/26/23 “B” champs at Conklin
Saturday, 7/29/23 “A” champs at Crestmont
Monday, 7/31/23 Fun practice 9:30 – 11:00
Please be aware that about 20 parent volunteers are required in order to hold each swim meet. Each family will be asked to volunteer for at least two meets plus whichever champs meet your swimmer attends. Most volunteer jobs do not require special training except for the following (please do not volunteer for these positions if you have not been trained)
- Click HERE to see a description of the meet job descriptions.
- Click HERE for information about learning to be a Stroke & Turn Judge. In addition to the videos, volunteers learning this position will shadow an experienced Stroke & Turn Judge at a meet.
- Interested parents must be trained as a Stroke & Turn Official (more info to follow)
- Meet Table Computer Volunteers must be trained to use the Meet Manager Database. Please note that there are other table positions that do not require this training.