FLOURTOWN COUNTRY CLUB SWIM TEAM – THE SHARKS!
2022 Coaching Staff: Head Coach: Lizanne Hendershott
Assistant Coaches: Jason Boles, Denise Quigg, Gwyn Cooney
Practice Schedule Beginning Monday, June 20
Please note this schedule may be modified based on team numbers and abilities after the first week of practice
SWIMMER’S AGE GROUP AND PRACTICE GROUP IS BASED ON HOW OLD HE/SHE IS AS OF 6/1/22
Ages 13 & Over
Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 7:15 AM for stretching, 7:30 – 9:30 swimming
Ages: 12 & Unders and 10 & Unders
9 and 10 year olds: Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 9:15 AM for stretching, 9:30 – 10:30 swimming
11 and 12 year olds Group 1: Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 9:15 AM for stretching, 9:30 – 11:00 swimming
11 and 12 year olds Group 2:
- 11 and 12 year old swimmers will be invited to participate in this group by the coaches. Otherwise, swimmers aged 11-12 will be in Group 1 above
- Some swimmers aged 13 and over will practice with the group as determined in the first week of practice.
- Swimmers in this group last year (lanes 1-2 at the early practice session) will report to this practice this year.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Arrive by 7:15 AM for stretching, 7:30 – 9:30 swimming
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Arrive by 7:45 AM for stretching, 8:00 – 9:30 swimming
Ages: 8 & Unders
Mondays – Fridays: Arrive by 10:15 for stretching, 10:30 – 11:30 swimming (please note that less experienced swimmers may end before 11:30)
Campers’ Practice BEGINNING THURSDAY 6/23/22 (for those swimmers attending camps that will not allow them to attend their age group’s practice): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:00 AM
Our coaches will evaluate each swimmer’s individual abilities. Some swimmers may be asked to attend practices with other age groups based upon their present skills and developmental needs. Swimmers should report to their age group’s practice the first week. Coaches will decide if swimmers should practice in a different practice than their age group.
Qualifications to be on the FCC Swim Swim Team:
- Must have a FCC pool membership (full time lifeguards and staff are exempt)
- Must be 5 years of age by 6/1/22
- Must be able to swim one lap of the pool (33 yards) freestyle without stopping, putting feet down, or holding onto the wall or lane lines. Swimmers will be asked to do this at the new swimmer evaluation
New Swimmer Evaluation on Tuesday 6/7 @ 6:00 pm (arrive at 5:45 for a new parents’ meeting): This evaluation is for all new swimmers new to the FCC team aged 10 years old & under. Rain date OR if swimmers cannot come on 6/7, please come: Thursday, 6/9, 6:00 pm
Swim team registration will be online this season. Please use the following link:
Once registered parents will receive team information via the FCC Swim Team TeamSnap account.
The FCC Swim Team will require parents/guardians to sign an “Assumption of Risks and Waiver of Liability” during the registration process.
Team Swim Suit:
Team suit sizing will be at FCC on Thursday 6/9 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. A team suit is not required to participate in meets, but we do ask that swimmers have a competition style suit.
If your swimmer is aged 10 & under, and new to the FCC swim team, please do not order a team suit until they have passed the new swimmer evaluation.
We will also have a FCC Swim Team Gear Online Store featuring our old and new team logo! Look for more information about the online store soon.
Pool Safety Reminder:
All children are asked to exit as soon as possible after their practice is over. Please do not leave your younger swimmers unattended inside the pool gate after their practice. The coaches need to devote their time to supervising the practice of the other children.
Parents and siblings remaining on the pool grounds during practice may be in the baby pool area if it is open. Otherwise, they must stay in the area in front of the pavilion. The three and five foot pools, and the grounds (including basketball courts) are not available for parents and siblings during swim practice.
Meet Sign-Up Procedure:
Meet line-ups are determined by the coaches two days before each meet. We do not assume that every swimmer will participate in all of the meets. Please sign up if your swimmer can or cannot attend a meet through the “Availability” tab on TeamSnap. If your swimmer will not participate, please make sure to indicate “not attending” on the TeamSnap meet sign-up.
Tentative 2022 FCC Swim Team Schedule
Schedule Note – all meets are away at the club listed below
Tuesday 6/7/22: New Swimmer Evaluation for all 8&U’s and 10&’s who have not previously participated on FCC’s team. Time: 6:00-7:00 pm (arrive at 5:45 for a new parent meeting) – Swimmers will be required to swim one lap of the pool (33 yards) freestyle without stopping, putting feet down, or holding onto the wall.
Thursday 6/9/22 6:00 – 7:30 m – Team suit sizing
Rain date for new swimmer evaluations for all 8&U’s and 10&’s who have not previously participated on FCC’s team. Time: 6:00-7:00 pm (arrive at 5:45 for a new parent meeting)
Monday, 6/20/22 First day of morning practice
Thursday, 6/23/22 First campers’ practice (7:00 am)
Monday, 6/27/22 Time trials for all swimmers aged 12 & under (all swimmers aged 12& under should arrive at 8:00 am) (at FCC).
Swimmers aged 13 and over will practice from 7:00 to 8:30 am
Tuesday, 6/28/22 Time trials for campers will be held during the 7:00 – 8:00 campers’ practice
Registration deadline for the FCC swim team: Sunday, June 26th
Wednesday, 6/29/22 Conklin meet (arrive at 5:45 pm) plus pancake breakfast during morning practice!
Wednesday, 7/6/22 Hatboro meet (arrive at 5:45 pm)
Saturday, 7/9/22 Penbryn meet (arrive at 7:45 am)
Wednesday, 7/13/22 Glenside meet (arrive at 5:45 pm)
Monday 7/11/22 Springfield Cup at Oreland Swim Club (est arrival 5:00pm)
Saturday, 7/16/22 Flourtown Swim Club meet (arrive at 7:45 am)
Wednesday, 7/20/22 Crestmont meet (arrive @ 5:45 pm) plus pancake breakfast during morning practice!
Thursday, 7/21/22 No swim practices! Swim team day at Belmar Beach
Saturday, 7/23/22 FCC Bye week (please be aware that we may have a meet rescheduled for this time)
Tuesday, 7/26/22 Swim Team Banquet (at FCC)
Wednesday, 7/27/22 “B” champs
Saturday, 7/30/22 “A” champs
Monday, 8/1/22 Fun practice 9:30 – 11:00
*Springfield Cup Relay Meet at Oreland Swim Club is still being scheduled.
Please be aware that about 20 parent volunteers are required in order to hold each swim meet. Each family will be asked to volunteer for at least two meets plus whichever champs meet your swimmer attends. Most volunteer jobs do not require special training except for the following (please do not volunteer for these positions if you have not been trained)
- Click HERE to see a description of the meet job descriptions.
- Click HERE for information about learning to be a Stroke and Turn Judge. In addition to the videos in the link, volunteers learning this position will shadow an experienced Stroke and Turn Judge at a meet.
- There will be a virtual Zoom meeting on Monday 6/27 at 7:00 pm for any parent interested in learning to be the Head Referee/Starter. Interested parents must also be trained as a Stroke and Turn Official
- Meet Table Computer Volunteers must be trained to use the Meet Manager Database. There will be a training session at Flourtown Swim Club on Saturday 6/18 at 9:30 am. Please note that there are other table positions that do not require this training.
If you have specific questions, email Lizanne at firstname.lastname@example.org