FCC MEMBERSHIP 2021
Membership for 2021 will open in March. See rates below.
POOL – PANDEMIC PROMISE PROGRAM
We are actively monitoring the recommendations of the CDC and Montgomery County to Promote Behaviors that Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
As of Sept 2020, the CDC says public aquatic venues should consider the below strategies to encourage healthy hygiene, which FCC will adhere to. We will monitor the guidance weekly, and adapt as needed.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times other than in the pool, and when seated and eating/drinking
- Communicating with our members about behaviors that prevent the spread of COVID-19 in facebook messaging, website, and e-blasts
- Communicate with members as to what our safety guidelines are
- Use of specific ECOLAB disinfectants throughout property
- Mapping out social distance lines for bathrooms and snack bar
- Frequent bathroom disinfecting
- Contactless payment options for guests
- Institute online ordering for pool snack bar
- Ensuring that lifeguards who are actively lifeguarding are not also expected to monitor handwashing, use of cloth face coverings, or social distancing of others. Assign this monitoring responsibility to another staff member.
- No ‘rough housing’ in pool- monitored by lifeguards, may need additional parental support
- Staff cannot refill member drink glasses
- Assuring Kitchen Manager has ServSafe certification
- Use of proper food vessels to encourage least amount of touches possible
- Encouraging and providing signage for all staff, patrons, and swimmers to wash their hands often
- Staying Home if ill or with fever over 100
- Ensuring adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene. Supplies include soap, hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol (for staff and older children who can safely use hand sanitizer), paper towels, tissues
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces at least daily and shared objects each time they are used. For example: Handrails, slides, and structures for climbing or playing, chairs, tabletops, pool noodles, and kickboards
Guidelines for parents/guardians to discuss with family prior to opening:
- Bathroom guidelines above
- Handwashing guidelines
- Roughhousing in pool as state above
- Discourage sharing items that are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect or that are meant to come in contact with the face (for example, goggles, nose clips, and snorkels).
- Discouraging the sharing of items such as food, equipment, toys, and supplies with those they don’t live with.
- Teaching family members who are age-appropriate to use online ordering
- Purchasing gift cards for family members who are age appropriate who do not have a credit card, so that they can online order
- Please clean up trash after eating
Our membership coordinator is Denise McKelvie. If you have any questions, please email Dmckelvie@flourtowncc.com.
Check back often for updates, or check our member facebook page.
|Two in a family||
|Three in a family||
|Four in a family||
|Five in a family||
|Six in a family||
|Seven in a family||
|Eight in a family||
Guest Fees (2 years old and over)
|Weekend and Holidays||