Tuck a sugar cube into a brides glove to make your union sweet? or put a spider inside the brides wedding gown for good luck? It’s funny how many wedding traditions there are and what they mean.
Here are a few wedding traditions that made us chuckle:
- Ancient Romans studied pig entrails to determine the luckiest day to marry.
- According to Hindu traditions it’s lucky if you have rain on your wedding day.
- At a Czech wedding the tradition is to throw peas at the newlyweds instead of rice.
- In Egypt, the bride’s family traditionally does all the cooking for a week after the wedding, so the couple can…relax.
- In Rome they would break bread over the wife’s head for fertility’s sake.
- An old wives’ tale: If the younger of two sisters marries first, the older sister must dance barefoot at the wedding or risk never landing a husband.
- The bride stands to the groom’s left during a Christian ceremony, because in bygone days the groom needed his right hand free to fight off other suitors.
We are fans of any wedding tradition and love the ones that are truly one of a kind family traditions. We would love to help you plan your Flourtown wedding here using all the traditions you want or none at all. Please give us a call and let’s talk about your wedding day vision.